The amount of energy that we waste into complaining about something we don’t have. The time we lose talking about something we forgot at home while we are on vacations. We forget the essential: just live the moment. Enjoy it while it last. I did say “we”, I am French, remember? So yup, I do complain. A lot actually. When I have my mind sets on something, I am little obsessed. Some days, I can be an amazing whiner when I decide to. No, no, stay here. I am not just that, I am fun too!
This is why I married El Cubano, he will always try to see the bright side of a situation. “Make the best of it” he says. He is right. We all should.
On a less serious note but still in the subject, I wanted to prepare some pasta for my lunch. Healthy with some grilled chicken. But I did not have any chicken. I wanted some basil in it, a little bit of summer in my plate… Did not have either. However, I had some pesto, fresh tomatoes, fresh garlic and onion so there we go. Something yummy should come out of this!
Once a little cooked the tomatoes were a little tart but it balanced their sweetness perfectly. The garlic taste was just enough to compliment the pesto. And the pasta was just Al Dente! It made a perfect lunch break at work!
Ingredients for a single lunch:
- 50g of whole wheat spaghettis
– A drizzle of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic or more if you really love it
- 2 tablespoons of purple onion
- 2 tablespoons of pesto
- 4-5 Carmello tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Boil some water for the pasta and cooked them as indicated on the packaging. Whole wheat pasta are generally a little longer to cook than regular ones.
- Mince the garlic and the onions and sauté it in a little of olive oil in a pan, really just a drizzle to sauté because the pesto later will be oily as well.
- Once the pastas are cooked, throw it in the pan with the tomatoes cut in 4 and the pesto. Toss well so the pesto is well mix with the pastas. Add salt to taste.
- Serve while it is hot and enjoy.
This was a great carb-loaded lunch! Perfect meal for vegetarians and sportive.