There are some simple recipes that tend to impress and please a crowd. And my friends, those ones, you keep them listed somewhere because if easy = happy guests, you have a great formula!
Now, I have another formula for you: easy (that element we keep) + French + fancy = great food and amazed guests! How about that ? A keeper, isn’t it?
I compile 10 for you. You are welcome 🙂
Let’s start by the savoury simple ideas to delight your friends! After all, a meal starts with salty dishes. And then, I will give some great one for sweet tooth.
1. My famous quiches. This is such a hit in my house, with my friends and family! The crust is perfectly buttery and crumbly, the egg filing with the ham and cheese is just the comfort you need!
2. The salade niçoise. The healthy summery recipe that requires minimal preparation but will still blow away your guests with its flavors and colors. Enjoy the freshness!
3. Ratatouille. Not the movie, the recipe. Very healthy and packed with summer vegetable. A great side dish full of flavors, it smells like home. La Provence. For that recipe, you will have to go visit my friends at Everybody loves pretty.
4. Croque-Monsieur. Maybe not the most elegant lunch but quite tasty nonetheless. A French bechamel on a toast loaded with cheese, how bad can that be?
5. Cauliflower gratin. Another use of your bechamel. Perfectly comforting side dish for your upcoming fall and winter dishes.
6. Herbs olive oil. This is more a tip of mine. I put some Herbes de Provence in a bottle of virgin olive oil. I love it to give extra flavor to some sautéed veggies or salad.
7. My famous crèmes brûlées. This is such a WINNER! Each and every time I do it and get some ouh la la, a French crème brûlée! How fancy. I even came up with some variation of it, coconut crème brûlée infused with tea and S’mores crème brûlée to marry my French roots and my adopted ones in Canada.
8. La crème aux oeufs. In the same family that the crème brûlée but not the same. Creamy as well and not waste of egg whites. Perfect too if you don’t own a torch for the brûlée.
9. French crêpes. So many souvenirs about crêpes’ evenings with my family. Perfect left over for breakfast or lunch. Savory or sweet, you pick!
10. Shortbread lavender cookies. A taste of Provence. A bite of France. Irresistible little cookie. You can’t eat just one, self-control needed!
Which one is your favorite one? If you try one or more, send me your pictures and comments, I love hearing from you!