Or shall I call it Poire Belle-Hélène tart? You see, a Poire Belle Hélène is a pear served with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. Sounds good, eh? Well, I am offering it to you in a slice!
That’s the decadent dessert that you want to end your dinner. This recipe is a small batch. It’s perfect for a romantic dinner for 2 or in our case it was 2 adult sizes and 2 small ones for the kids. Score!
You need it in your life now! It has the comforting chocolate, the juicy pears and a flacky chocolate crust, does life get any better than that when you take a bite of it? Probably not!
On top of those pears, there is some white chocolate and then some shaved dark chocolate.
Sometimes, in life, this gets rocky and you have some ups and downs and I am part of those people who eat their emotions and need comfort in my plate. Mostly sweet but I also love savory-feel-better-dishes.
I always talk about me. Well, I know it’s my blog but I’m wondering. You, how are you? Are you in need of my tart? Since we ate it all (oops sorry), please spend some time in the kitchen, which by the way is therapeutic and enjoy dessert!
- - 1/4 a cup of soft butter
- - 3/4 cup of flour
- - 2 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- - 30 ml of milk
- - 2 pears, medium sized, in cube
- - 1/4 of white chocolate chips
- - Some shaved dark chocolate to taste
- Mix the butter, the flour and cocoa powder together until it is crumbly. Add the milk at once and mix gently to form a bowl of dough. Don’t over-work it, just enough so all the crumbs are all picked up. Roll it (add a little bit of flour to prevent from sticking but very little) and place onto a pie plate.
- Place the pears on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 375F.
- Put the white chocolate chips in a ramekin with a table spoon of water and melt it in the microwave and drizzle it on your tart.
- Allow to cool down and place the shaved chocolate for presentation
I used my veggie peeler to shave the chocolate!