Hidden zucchinis to be specific. And not for the kids. Nope, it is for dear hubby El Cubano that is a little scared of whatever is green in his plate. Well, good challenge for me! I tricked him and I won! The sweet victory, there is nothing like it!
Last time that I gave a try to add some green, it was with my green smoothie. I wanted to trick him but when he saw it and asked what was in it, I said the truth and asked him to try… Mhhh well, it did not work! Sight.
So this time, he asked, I said nothing, the usual. Ok, good. After, after cleaning up his plate with his fork, I confessed… I am not going to lie, he felt deceived but eh that was for a good cause!
Give it a try, it is really a good lie!
- - 3 garlic cloves
- - 1/2 small onion
- - A drizzle of olive oil
- - 3 zucchinis minced
- - 300ml of tomato sauce
- - Salt and pepper to taste
- - A pinch of Herbes de Provence
- - Mince the garlic and the onion and warm your pan with the olive. Throw them in the pan and cook them until golden at medium heat.
- - Add the zucchinis and let them cook a little. After then, add the tomato sauce. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes at low heat.
- - Add the herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- - I chose to blend the sauce with hand blender to hide it better.
- - Serve with pasta and a nice grilled chicken.