That is right! Last day of February and -26C this morning. I tend to think that Spring will never come around… This is a long and tough winter (Well, at least for me, I am from South of France, remember?). My previous winters, since 2006, have not been that brutal.
I am not asking for 20C (although, I would not complain) but just anything in positive degree… Please, please, Winter go away! Am I the only one here? All together. PLEASE, PLEASE, WINTER GO AWAY! It might work :)!
In the meantime, I have a simple recipe to propose. It is super comforting and the entire family will love it. It is creamy, it is warm and it is what you need this weekend.
Tip: You can grate some nutmeg on it. It adds an amazing flavor.
And voilà! Easy, tasty, it is what I do! Enjoy and stay warm.
- - One cauliflower (on average 750g)
- - Bechamel ingredients
- - Grated cheese, preferably Emmental
- - Cut your cauliflower into floret and cook it in a steamer. If you do not own a steam, it is not the end of the word, I have cooked it in salted boiling water before, cook it until a knife can enter the vegetable easily.
- - Follow the bechamel instructions here.
- - In an oven dish, place the cauliflower, pour the bechamel heavenly on top of it.
- - Add the cheese on top.
- - Cook in the oven 15-20 minutes at 350C and serve!