Do you have recipes that are special to you and your family? There is the Linzer Torte that I would do every summer when I used to live in France. I would pick up the figs in the tree in the morning and bake this tart in the afternoon. Rarely there would be any leftover.
Since then, when I do this recipe… While it is baking in the oven, I can close my eye and travel back home.
I have another one! An almond-banana tart that my mum does. It is a perfect for any season of the year so while I am waiting for the fruit to be ready to be picked up in the tree, I want to share this recipe with you.
- - For the crust, go here and add 25g of sugar to it.
- - 3 bananas
- - 3 medium-sized eggs
- - 100g of almond powder
- - 100g of sugar
- - Make crust by following those instructions and add the sugar just after the butter and flour so you mix everything together.
- - Spread your crust in your dish of your choice.
- - In a plate, put the 3 peeled bananas and mashed them. Spread them on the crust.
- - Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and almond powder and then pour it on top of the bananas.
- - Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 385F.
What is your recipe that your love cooking and it is from your Mom? I am sure you have one.